Top 10 Reasons to Hire TPM as Your Owner’s Representative
1. Communication: Projects have a team of experts: the Owner, an architect, engineers, contractor, legal, accounting and others, but who directs and organizes the team? As your Owner’s Representative, TPM serves as a single source of responsibility to orchestrate the team and represent your best interests.
2. Cost & Risk Reduction: You hire an accountant to do your taxes and their expertise minimizes your tax exposure. TPM guides you through your project to optimize the value received and create a competitive environment to reduce construction costs. We study the drawings to determine constructability to budget and look for value added options as well as ways to reduce cost without compromising the integrity of your project. Like an accountant, we also provide peace of mind that your project is following industry protocols to reduce your risk.
3. Time: You as the Owner have a business to run and most likely it is more than full time. Unless you have a Facilities expert on staff, adding a large capital project is distracting and increases the burden of your daily responsibilities. As your Owner’s Representative, we will do the heavy lifting related to project management that allows you to be engaged and informed without being overwhelmed.
4. Document Management: We manage the exchange of information and filing of records. As the Owner you need access to information that is kept organized and up to date. We will manage countless documents on your behalf.
5. Interpreter: As your Owner’s Representative, we translate your needs and detail the scope of work in the terminology of the Architecture and Construction Industry. We serve as the hub of communication to make sure all members of the team are clear on decisions that are required, schedule, budgets and expectations for the project. Architects and Contractors have their roles on a project but there are many tasks that have to be completed by the Owner as well. This starts with identifying the scope of the project, site selection, dimensional needs, mechanical and electrical requirements, quality decisions and more. We work with the team to outline the roles and responsibilities to make sure items are not overlooked.
6. Relationships: We have solid relationships in the industry and can identify the consultants and contractors that are best suited for your project and have capacity to service you. We often know the architect and construction firms but may even know the individual architect, project manager and construction superintendent as well.
7. Hiring: Your project may require several consultants and a General Contractor to meet its goals. We will work to generate the RFP’s, review & scope out the proposals, interview a short list and negotiate the required contracts.
8. Budget: On your behalf, we assemble and update a comprehensive project budget that includes hard and soft costs. We will generate a master budget and track expenses related to progress on the project.
9. Schedule: As Owner’s Representative, we will work with the team to build a master schedule and coordinate with the Architect and Builder to keep on time. This includes pre-construction as well as construction activities.
10. Quality: Quality control starts with multiple reviews of drawings, verifying specifications, field work including soil & material testing, inspections, meeting minutes and photographs. Having managed projects for over 32 years, TPM knows the industry standards and works to review the documentation and construction for accuracy and quality.
Market Sector Experience
Manufacturing, Grocery, Multi-family Housing, Warehouse/Distribution, Food Processing, Commercial, Retail, Country Clubs, Institutional
Advantages of having TPM on your team: